This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access point recognised but no connection

Toshiba Satellite with Atheros 242 card.
    My wireless access point appears OK but cannot connect. I am entering the correct security
    type and passphrase.
    I have no problems with other distros such as Ubuntu (Gnome) and PCLOS (KDE), but I want Kubuntu!

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks

Re: Access point recognised but no connection

hay

I'v seen a lot of pepole having trouble with thar wirless and using security with the default network manager.

I personaley havent had eney trouble with it using a linksys PCI card that uses the Atheros chipset BUT I'm using the XP drivers with ndiswrapper and NO sucurity. and I get my conection in KDE,gnome,xfce,and fluxbox just fine.

However severall pepole have had better luck with wicd for secure wirless it should be in your repo's if you want to try it....... or wate for aditional advice

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I'm using wireless with WPA2 with my Broadcom-basedwifi card. I downloaded and installed b43-fwcutter with the Version Upgrade process to go from 8.04 to 9.04. I am using using wicd rather than knetworkmanager or networkmanager. Works great, all I had to do was open up the wicd GUI, select my router (it was seeing others, also), setup my preshared key, click a couple of other options, hit the "Connect" button, and I was connected. You will need to use some other driver/module for your card/chip, but as a network manager app wicd is great.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

I am using Atheros chipset and wicd. Works like a charm. No need for ndiswrapper or the troublesome network-manager.
        Throw it out and use wicd instead.

Originally posted by vinnywright
        hay

I'v seen a lot of pepole having trouble with thar wirless and using security with the default network manager.

I personaley havent had eney trouble with it using a linksys PCI card that uses the Atheros chipset BUT I'm using the XP drivers with ndiswrapper and NO sucurity. and I get my conection in KDE,gnome,xfce,and fluxbox just fine.

However severall pepole have had better luck with wicd for secure wirless it should be in your repo's if you want to try it....... or wate for aditional advice

VINNY

Comment

Working...
        X