This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vpnc[32228]: connection terminated by dead peer detection

That's the error in the system log when the vpnc process dies after approximately 5 minutes of connectivity. It's reproducible. I"m only having this problem with one of my profiles but it's the most important one I use on a daily basis. I don't experience the same problem with the Cisco Windows client. I have no visibility into the exact device on the other end. I use vpnc to connect to two other networks without any issues.

Any ideas what I can do? My only workaround right now is boot to Windows during the day when I need connectivity to their network. Thanks

uk
    linux && bash = "the future"

Re: vpnc[32228]: connection terminated by dead peer detection

One final update since I never heard anything regarding the vpnc problems. I think it might be a bug, not sure. I finally had to install the Cisco VPN client to resolve my connectivity issues. In my own personal experience vpnc worked with two VPNs I connect to and disconnected from one after 5 minutes with the dead peer detection error. I still can't get vpnc to work with my corporate VPN but the Cisco client (4.8.02) works fine.

UK
    linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

Working...
    X