This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I install KDE network manager plasma widgets

Hi I upgraded last week to Jaunty and I am having trouble connecting to my wireless card in KDE. It never had this problem before. Gnome network manager works fine but when I change to a KDE session I cannot connect with with my wireless card. When I go to install the network manager plasma applet I cannot find it. It isn't on the list of widgets and I cannot seem to find it in my system files. Can anyone tell me how to install this widget or how to connect to my wireless card. Right now I have this machine hook via my NIC.

Thanks, Tim

Re: how do I install KDE network manager plasma widgets

the name of the package for the network manager plasma widget is "plasma-widget-network-manager" you should be able to install it by running this command
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-network-manager
    if you still can not connect to your wifi you might want to run iwconfig in a konsole to find your wifi cards name. after you know that make sure that the network manager is looking at that one if you don't have a wifi card (according to iwconfig) then you may need to use ndiswrapper to install your cards driver.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
      the name of the package for the network manager plasma widget is "plasma-widget-network-manager" you should be able to install it by running this command
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-network-manager
      if you still can not connect to your wifi you might want to run iwconfig in a konsole to find your wifi cards name. after you know that make sure that the network manager is looking at that one if you don't have a wifi card (according to iwconfig) then you may need to use ndiswrapper to install your cards driver.
      Thanks! I got it working! Thanks again.

Comment

very good, glad that i could help
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X