This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless connection with WPA2 failed

Hi, all! As everyone before me, i try to find the solution to the problem.
    I have Lenovo series laptop and installed Kubuntu there several months ago. Everything were ok till i didn't upgrade it to Kubuntu 9.04.
    For now i cannot pick up my wi-fi. As i found in bug reports - this is the problem to wi-fi with wpa2 security keys.
    I tried to update it with network settings, with adding gadghets and using knetworkmanager. Nothing, it looks like it doesn't see my adjustments and don't react at all. May be someone fixed such situation or found the long but working way to correct this.

Thank you,
    will wait for answer.

P.S. And how can i do this without using kdewallet?
    If it has to be enable how can i change the password, because it didn't respond to right one, which i feel in

Re: Wireless connection with WPA2 failed

Are you trying to connect via the command line? Or something such as knetworkmanager?

What error are you seeing, specifically?

Comment

The current default (network manager +plasma widget+ kwallet) is I am afraid a real PITA. It simply does not work properly.

You are likely to have more success with wicd. Assuming you still have wired access download wicd. The installation process will remove networkmanager and the widget.

Important. Reboot. WICD will be launched on startup. Click on the wicd taskbar icon and you will be presented with a box listing available networks. Click on yours and you will see an advanced settings box. Select your protocol and type in your pass-key. That should then work.

Success?

Comment

I had the same issue... installing WICD solved the problem.
        Thanks a lot for this!

Interestingly, the built-in network manager worked initially but quit service after about 2 hours...
        it resumed once and then died completely - reboot and reconfiguring connections had no effect at all, and configuration changes did not seem to take effect at all.
        Connecting to insecure WiFis in the area worked without problems (guess how I got online and found this forum post...)

Comment

Working...
        X