This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wicd does not connect to wireless network with non brodcast ssid

I just upgraded to Jaunty. I have a Dell E1505 laptop with a Broadcom BCM4311 wireless network card. KDE network manager could not connect to the wireless network so I uninstalled it and installed wicd. Wicd can connect when I broadcast my SSID, but not when I don't. When I am not broadcasting my ssid wicd shows a hidden network with all the correct info (wep encryption, hardware address, etc) but I cannot connect to it. If I turn on ssid broadcasting at my router I connect without any problems. Am I missing a setup step somewhere?

Jim

Re: wicd does not connect to wireless network with non brodcast ssid

Just to be sure, you have clicked on the line listing the hidden SSID and set advanced properties, right?

Comment

Yes, I have correctly set all the advanced settings. When I turn ssid on it connects to the same connection that was formally hidden. I don't have to make any changes. If I turn ssid off my connection fails again.

Jim

Comment

I have the exact same problem with my BCM4306. I also installed wicd. With ssid on there's no problems whatsoever, turn it off and connection fails.

Comment

Working...
        X