This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC freezes during live CD boot-up?!

Okay, so I decided to perhaps dual boot (K)ubuntu along with XP. No problem, just make sure the PC boots into the live cd for a look first. Sounds simple eh? Nope! The usual language selection screen appears, I choose to try without altering my hard drive or whatever, and then after the initial loading screens, everything goes black! The dvd drawer won't open, nothing works!! What's up with that? I've run the live cd's before, on other machines but this has stumped me. Can anyone help? TiA!

Re: PC freezes during live CD boot-up?!

Most likely a bad CD. Or your optical drive isn't reading it correctly. Check #1 on the FAQs in my signature.

Comment

Hmmmm..........I thought that, but I've tried both the CD from Canonical and one I burned myself. Must be the drive methinks. But this means that unless I replace the drive, I can't install on the machine I want to dual boot, correct?

Thanks as ever for your prompt assistance dibl!!

Comment

There is/are ways to use the ISO image itself, saved on a USB stick, and booted as an image/device. Search this forum for How Tos on that subject. Or, I could rent you my USB external optical drive

Comment

Yerself pal!!....

Comment

Working...
          X