This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: New Install locking at partition phase

I am trying to install 9.04 onto my mothers computer and the machine is locking after I specify what size I want to make the new partitions. After I press forward it comes up with the message that it will resize the partition and this may take some time but the continue button doesn't activate when pressed and the only way out is to reset the pute. I let it sit for some time 1/2 hour but no change. The boot disk is a known good copy and it has happened also on the iso I downloaded for her copy. Im stumped any help gratefully accepted. Also tried low graphics mode

Re: New Install locking at partition phase

Download and burn the GParted LiveCD - GParted - Download

Boot into this LiveCD and perform your partitioning with it.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: New Install locking at partition phase

Are you trying to resize a Windows partition? If so, I have found that the partitioner will hang up and be unable to work unless you first go to Windows and run chkdsk and defrag.

Comment

SOLVED: Re: New Install locking at partition phase

Problem found to be wireless mouse not pointing all else worked would not press buttons swapped mouse to wired downloaded gparted partitioned fine system up and running

Comment

Working...
        X