This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a FYI on this morning's updates.

I just wanted to say that my old box seams to have goten a preformance boost from the upgrades today that included the 2.6.28-14-generic kernel.

X and plasma seam to be using less CPU and over all load averag's are down as reported by top.

top used to show load averages betwene 60 to 80% wile watching vid. and now are down to 40-50% and just serfing the forums used to produse 50%+ and now stays betwen 15-30%

O well dont know if it maters to eney one but me :P but I'm reporting it eneyway.

this is a HP pavilion XE763 700MHz CPU 383Mib RAM intel I810 chipset using a linksys wirless PCI for net.....XP drivers loaded with ndiswrapper.

on Kubuntu 9.04 JJ KDE 4.2.2 8)

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: just a FYI on this morning's updates.

Weird! I thought they held back the patch for Intel IGP performance for now (this is supposed to be just a security fix). But hey, if it's working better, we won't complain

Comment

After the update, my plasma-desktop stayed strangely at 45-46% while the usual was 5-6%. I came back to my previous kernel and it's there at usual 5-6% ... dunno wot is it causing that.

Just a contrary to your finding...

may be someone else can post his/her finding..
      Sony Vaio VGN-NR160E/T<br />Kubuntu 9.04 KDE 4.3.00

Comment

What seems in common is the fact that this is more than a security update, maybe worth reporting in Launchpad!

Comment

Working...
        X