This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation in graphic safe mode?

If I install kubuntu in graphic safe mode, will it install right or will it install only a graphic safe mode version of kubuntu? I can't install normal version cuz it chooses the highest resolution on my video card, which is 2048x1536, and my monitor can only handle upto 1920x1080.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Installation in graphic safe mode?

Safe Graphic mode is just a viewing mode for the CD -- it has no effect on the installed system. So if you need to use Safe Graphics to install the system, that's fine. Once installed, you can configure things as needed to display optimally on your hardware. If you need help (and can't find previously posted solutions), there are folks here who will advise you.

p.s. However, I will note that if the Live CD will not display correctly on your hardware, you might want to do a little research, and maybe try some experiments while running Live CD mode, to make sure that you'll be able to configure a satisfactory display after you install it.

p.p.s. I like the Alternate Install CD better for installing -- it has more packages already on it, so you'll spend less time updating it later.

Comment

And dibl is our guru. Also, I would recommend to first load on the Live CD mode, see if it all looks nice and dandy, and then install to the HD. Best!

Comment

I figured out why my resolution was too high, it was cuz i have my hd tv plugged into my video card through hdmi and it was causing linux to show everything at my GPUs highest resolution which isnt supported by my tv or monitor. After i unplugged it, everything worked fine. I just couldnt plug it back in until I got the driver for my video card. Thanks for all your help though

Comment

Working...
        X