This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no password login question

I've tried to set the no password login and enable auto login in Kcontrol with no luck. Is there someway from cml to get this to work? I'm using KDE3.5 for my file manager.
    Thanks Scott

Re: no password login question

You are probably trying to set this with insufficient permissions. Open Kcontrol in a terminal with the command
    Code:
    sudo kcontrol

Comment

I get the same results. I do get this error message.
      Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-scottF4GCq2" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
      scott@E-Machine:~$ Error: "/tmp/ksocket-scott" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
      I also have another folder labeled /var/tmp/kdecache-scott.
      Is there a conflict here?
      Thanks

Comment

In my folder, there is a kdecache-root, owned by root and a kdecache-gramps, owned by me. So something strange is going on with yours. The kdecache-root folder is empty, so you could just try creating it and see what happens. Be sure and do it as root.

Comment

Working...
        X