X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No upgrades?

Hi guys.

I had Intrepid and every week automatic updates offered me an option to download an upgrad for some applications.
    Then I upgraded to Jaunty (with alternate CD) after releasing stable version and since then I dont experience any upgrade options.

I am able to install new applications with adept, but I see no more upgrades.

Do I miss any repo? Or have it disabled?

Thanks

Re: No upgrades?

There haven't been as many upgrades with Jaunty

In KPackageKit there are three parts. Software Management, Software Upgrades, and Settings.

Under Software Upgrades, you need to 'refresh' to get the latest packages. This is the same as sudo apt-get update

It will then show how many upgrades are available and then you can 'apply all available upgrades' or select the ones that you want.

In Settings, you can edit software sources to ensure that apt is looking in the right places. Manually you can do this by going to /etc/apt/sources.list
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

KPackageKit has proven to be Not Ready for distribution.

So why not do a regular
      Code:
      apt-get update
      followed by
      Code:
      apt-get upgrade
      this'll at least give you some feedback.

Comment

A good replacement for KPackageKit is Synaptic.
        I used KPackagekit to install Synaptic, and since then am using the latter.
        It also has no automatic announcement of upgrades, but an option "Mark All Upgrades", from where one can proceed to install them.

Comment

I let kpackagekit run and if it shows available updates in the systray, I just go to my always open konsole and run:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get update
          followed by
          sudo apt-get upgrade
          At times apt-get catches a package not shown by kpackagekit, but usually it matches up. BTW, I started doing this after kpackagekit "blocked" the last kernel update. Yeah, kpackagekit is not ready for primetime.

Adept is just a sad shadow of its former hardworking, wonderful self. Too bad.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Working...
          X