Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9.04 installed, but keyboard/mouse not recognised?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.04 installed, but keyboard/mouse not recognised?

Hi all,

I finally got around to installing 9.04 on my machine over the top of my existing (god, it was probably 7.something) kubuntu installation.

The initial install hit a snag with a GRUB issue, but that's happened before and I was able to fix it with my trusty GRUB Super Disk CD. So I was happy to see everything boot up nicely and show me a very nice KDE login screen. I go to log in, and...

Problem.

My mouse and keyboard isn't recognised. The clock keeps ticking over in the bottom right hand corner, so I know the system isn't frozen, but I have nada out of mashing the keyboard or moving the mouse. Now I figured this might be because I have a wireless keyboard and mouse, the base station connected via USB and PS2. So I unplugged all of that, put in a regular PS2 keyboard, and still got nothing. Thought I'd need to restart in order for it to be recognised, restarted, got to GRUB, keyboard works there, get to Kubuntu login screen again and guess what... not recognised yet again.

So... I'm somewhat up a creek without a paddle. Any suggestions from the forum?

Re: 9.04 installed, but keyboard/mouse not recognised?

You tried a PS/2 keyboard and a USB wireless one. Why not just try a regular old USB wired keyboard?

Comment

Re: 9.04 installed, but keyboard/mouse not recognised?

The same thing happened to me when I tried the latest opensuse spin 11.2 live cd. I have BT keybd and mouse on a Dell 530s Inspiron. Live cd worked fine-installation to hard disk - reboot - FAIL!
      No keybd, mouse or sound!!!

I dont know what your situation is but I abandoned it and came back to Kubuntu. It all worked here.

You cant very well fix ANYTHING when your all input devices fail to operate!!!

Try re-installing again with a WIRED mouse and keybd and report those results here.

at least that will be a start......

Comment

Working...
      X