This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRUB 18 error

New guy here...I am trying to install Kubuntu 9.04 on an Inspiron 9200 Dell laptop with WinXP installed on it. I am trying to have a dual boot system here. I successfully installed Ubuntu 8.1 as a dual boot system and didnt really like the look so i decided to give kubuntu a try. Well i installed kubuntu 9.04 just like i installed Ubuntu 8.1 and after the install it restarted and gave me the grub 18 error...man i am so frustrated..can someone please give me a clue? I have been searching forums all day and the only thing i saw was something about a HDD limit in the BIOS or something like that? IF that was the case, then why did Ubuntu 8.1 work fine and not Kubuntu 9.04? I am so confused...I REALLY want to try this linux thing but this is ridiculous....HELP?

Re: GRUB 18 error

#3 in the FAQs in my signature should lead you to the fix -- take your time, it's something many have struggled with and it is absolutely fixable with a bit of patience.

Comment

Try:
      -- How To GRUB Methods - Toolkit
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081671.0
      SECTION 3: re-installing GRUB.
      (re-install GRUB to the Master Boot Record on your hard drive: (hd0))
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

thx for the reply! i successfully fixed the problem by adding the /boot partition. this resolved my issue. don't know why i had to this for kubuntu and not for ubuntu 8.10...but whatever works..

Comment

Working...
        X