This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed 9.0.4 in xp. Want to do native install

I have installed 9.0.4 as win app and now want to wipe xp and do a native install. Time to get rid of MS.
    My question is can I backup my 9.0.4 and restore once I have 9.0.4 installed and running so that I save the apps and files that I have installed or do I have to start fresh? It would save me time if I can but I can live with what ever I must do...
    HP Pavilion zv5160us, 2.8 intel, 1gig ram, 60gig hd

Thanks in advance.

lrfocke

Re: installed 9.0.4 in xp. Want to do native install

not shure about backing up a winapp install but mabey some one elce will coment on that!!!!

I'd just do a fresh one with a 1Gig swap in frunt then a 9Gig / and the rest on /home.

but that's me you may have diferent neads..........

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks Vinny, I will keep that in mind. I might use a 2gig swap as I am planning on upgrading ram to 2gigs.
      The root at 9gigs sounds good.

lrfocke

Comment

Your welcome

you dont half to have as mutch swap as RAM in fact with 2Gig of phisical RAM you may never use a hole Gig of swap

for instense I have a 700Mhz CPU 128 Mib RAM laptop that has 1Gig of swap and even with 128 magabits phisical RAM I'v never seen it use more than 2-3 hundred Mib of swap and that was DLing torrent's and watching a .avi with xine and firfox open.

1Gig should be plenty ......... ........unles your runing a high load sever..............LOL

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks Vinny,
          I will do that. Your help has been greatly appreciated. I will just put my personal files on a flash drive and reload and configure apps. It has been a while since I have done an install, 1990, Mandrake 9.0. Before that I ran slackware server in 1995 putting cities and non-profit orgs online in Los Angeles.

Again thank you.
          Questions solved....
          lrfocke

Comment

Working...
          X