X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange black window at the beginning of the boot

Hi All!
    I've recently upgraded to 9.04 and I like KDE 4.2 very much.
    At the beginning I had some problems with the graphics because my ATI driver didn't work: so I could not see anything but a black window with some weird violet "kubuntu" writings.
    Now I've solved the driver problem and all is ok.

My only concern is that this weird window with violet "kubuntu" 's still appears, even if only for a few moments, before that the correct loading Kubuntu bar is on my screen.

What can I do to avoid to see that? What should I be supposed to see instead of that window?

Thank you for any idea about that!

Re: Strange black window at the beginning of the boot

Unfortunately I do not have a solution for your problem, but I would like to know how you fixed the problem with the violet "kubuntu" writing. I have that problem and would really like to make it go away

Comment

My description was not correct: the black window appears after the "loading kubuntu bar", just before I put my password to KDE.

Comment

Try booting without login in, change your boot to auto login and see if it does it?

Comment

Sorry for my dummy question...how can I do auto login?
          OK I 've found how to do that...
          But the problem has not been solved!!

Someone has suggested me to change the drivers (in my case, install ATI 9.4 instead of the open drivers)...

Comment

Working...
          X