X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plasma moron needs help! SOLVED

Okay, I'm stooooooopid!

I accidentally deleted the taskbar at the bottom of my screen and had no system tray! Still not really au fait with plasma and make lots of accidental changes. I have managed to get a system tray back, but have lost the big square startup button on the left with the big 'K' in it that brings up the menus, lost the wee thingy that shows the 4 desktops, and probably a couple of other very useful things as well. Not a HUGE problem as I can get to anything I want from the application launch menu - and I have never really figured out how to make use of the multiple desktops anyway - but I liked the big K and I like having that kind of control panel so how can I get it back? Do I have to reinstall the whole distro? If there's a repair option, will that fix it? All advice welcome but if yo tell me I'm stupid you're preaching to the choir.
    I'm only here so often because I'm too blinking lazy to learn shell!

Re: plasma moron needs help!

Maybe this helps a bit > Plasma (KDE 4.2) FAQ
    Plasma is one of the key technologies of KDE 4 (also known as the "Pillars of KDE"), and one of the most visible to users. As Plasma treats the user interface differently than a traditional desktop, there may be confusion as to what Plasma is, what it does, and how to perform common tasks.

This document attempts to address these problems by providing answers to the most common questions...
    There is (among other things):
    How can I add applets to the panel?

Method 1: Open the Add Widgets dialog in the Plasma cashew (upper right corner of the screen) then select the widget of your liking and drag it directly (don't double click or use the Add Widget button) to the panel.

Method 2: Drag an applet from the desktop to the panel.

Method 3: Click on the cashew on the panel, and select "Add widgets". Once you have selected the applet, it will be automatically added to the panel.

More links to the Resources / Applications / Tutorials > Re: Jaunty Release Schedule, Plans, KDE 4.2 - FINAL
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: plasma moron needs help!

Thanks very much - this looks like where to find help!
      I'm only here so often because I'm too blinking lazy to learn shell!

Comment

Working...
      X