X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting drive using GUI - Solved

Hi everyone,

One of Kubuntu's key selling points is it's beautiful GUI yet every answer I see is about running specific commands in a console.

I just upgraded to 9.04 with some difficulty and want to mount a partition I forgot on install. I don't see the Disk & File System which used to be in the Advanced tab of System Settings in 8.04 and had such an great interface to manage my disks.

Is there anything equivalent to this 9.04 or do I have to go back to sudo and editing my fstab files manually ?

thanks,
    Raj

Re: Mounting drive using GUI

Package: mountmanager - User-friendly management of disks and partitions

Earlier > Topic: GUI tool for mounting

Something different: Mounting and unmounting partitions (that are not in the fstab).

Dolphin

Mount
    Left click the unmounted partition at the Places panel > password query,...

Unmount
    Right click the mounted partition at the Places panel > Unmount ...

Both the Dolphin and the Konqueror are using the same bit and pices of code.

Konqueror

Mount
    File > Open File > Left click the unmounted partition at the Places panel > password query,...

Unmount
    File > Open File > Right click the mounted partition at the Places panel > Unmount ...
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: Mounting drive using GUI

It's actually not in the Places panel.

Perhaps I should go back a step and look at it in GParted. During installation one screen had a list of partitions and if I didn't select one, the default was to not use it. I don't know what that means but I'm hoping it's still there.

Originally posted by Rog131
      Package: mountmanager - User-friendly management of disks and partitions

Earlier > Topic: GUI tool for mounting

Something different: Mounting and unmounting partitions (that are not in the fstab).

Dolphin

Mount
      Left click the unmounted partition at the Places panel > password query,...

Unmount
      Right click the mounted partition at the Places panel > Unmount ...

Both the Dolphin and the Konqueror are using the same bit and pices of code.

Konqueror

Mount
      File > Open File > Left click the unmounted partition at the Places panel > password query,...

Unmount
      File > Open File > Right click the mounted partition at the Places panel > Unmount ...

Comment

Re: Mounting drive using GUI - Solved

I reinstalled and defined the missing partition on the disk partition screen.

i still don't know how to find the Disk menu in System Settings or how to mount a partition using the GUI but I can at least get back to where I was before the upgrade ... once I reinstall Netbeans and the JDK ... and the Flash Player ...

Comment

Working...
        X