This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAID connot been mounted after upgrade

I was requested to do an upgrade and I accepted. The upgrade went well. But after that I found out that a haddisk was not mounted (as it used to be all the time).

I checked Gparted and it said:
    "e2label: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/sdb1. Could not find valid filesystem superblock"
    "dump3fs 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)"

This drive is a RAID configured drive. The RAID configuration tool does not find an error.

Can anybody tell me what to do

Thanks.

Re: RAID connot been mounted after upgrade

Well that answers my question.. You need to download and install dmraid, or at least that is what it sounds like to me.. If you know the raid controller manufacturer you can check their site for a 'nix' driver and that should work. If you have the ability to google NVIDIA Raid you will find a great how to on getting it to work.. Unfortunately that is the best I can do for you.. good luck..

Selfimage

Comment

Re: RAID connot been mounted after upgrade

I had the same experience with my array. There is a bug.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...id/+bug/356503

I found an older version of the dmraid deb. I downloaded and forced install with dpkg. My raid array came back. Since doing this I do not have remote access via ssh. I have googled a workaround for this, but have not tried it yet.

David

Comment

Working...
      X