This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jaunty frequent freezing

please help . afther installing fresh jaunty my computer become instable, every 20 minut it's freeze, and i must turn off the power and turn turn on again, i cannot working now with my computer please help. this is general discription of my computer, desktop, 2.8 g cpu, 2g ram, 250gb hard disk, ati radeon x1300, asrock dual mother board, please help

Re: jaunty frequent freezing

Do you have desktop effects turned ON? If so try to turn them OFF.

Comment

I have the same problem. Since the update, my system crashes a lot.
      It never crashed with the 8.10 version.

And why would the desktop effects be on by default if they cause crashing?
      I don't expect we need a c2duo for running the desktop effects?

Intrepid on Dell Inspiron 6000; Celeron M @1.8ghz; 2gb ram<br />First Linux Exp: February 2009 Intrepid

Comment

I'm beginning to have this problem, as well. I've heard it has something to do with Intel graphics chipsets. I have both 3D acceleration and Desktop effects off, yet I have experienced this twice today. If it keeps up, I'll be trying the KDE3 jaunty very soon...

KDE4.2 is beautiful, and if it weren't for these crashes and occasional graphical weirdness, it'd be great.
        Sony Vaio VGN NR260E<br />Linux Kubuntu 9.04\Windoze 7 Professional<br /><br />Sony Vaio VPCF1190X<br />Linux Kubuntu 10.04/Windoze 7 Home Premium<br /><br />Linux user #478627

Comment

Launchpad is relatively full of bug reports on xserver-xorg-video-intel on the new Xorg 1.6 version.

eg.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...810/+bug/32963

Comment

Seems to be a problem with many graphic adapters. I have it with ATI 9700. I read it in two german forums, that a lot of users have a freezing desktop.

One suggested solution is, to use another kernel, but I haven't had the time to try it

Comment

thank you for the answer, i have my graphic accellerator off and i didnot install the driver yet for video card. so i will wait afther they fix this bug and now , i downgrade to intrepid wich more stable, ciao ciao

Comment

Working...
              X