This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

instalation problem

i am having problem installing either ubuntu or kubuntu . it just stuck at screen after choosing the installation mode. the screen just goes blank after the program accessing the cd. this is not just the problem v9.04, also happen on v8.10 either ubuntu or kubuntu.

i have no problem installing fedora/opensuse or mandria

my note book is toshiba satellite p850 with 386 ram.

please help

Re: instalation problem

The first thing to check, if possible, is your installation CD. Is it a Live CD? Does it boot and run in Live CD mode? If not on that Toshiba, how about on another computer?

If you burned the CD yourself, please review #1 on the FAQs in my signature, and then post back with more details, and maybe we can give more help.

Comment

dibl
      thanks for guidance. on the previous 8.10 installation, i manage to install ubuntu using the same cd on other notebook(dell d620) of different spec. live CD nor permanent installation does not work on the toshiba but it works on Dell.

yesterday i'tried Jaunty alternative cd, manage to get up to software installation stage and it terminated because certain program cannot find (abt 80%). my toshiba not connected to internet as the wifi (PRISM) need software to connect to my home router. during the installation process, i have select the option to configure network manually later and option not to connect to internet.

Comment

hi
        manage to install jaunty using alternative cd...that after 2 times cd burning.

now when booting after the kubuntu splash screen, the screen just went blank, similar to what happen when i am trying Live CD

my toshiba using Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D

Comment

I don't recognize that Toshiba video system -- that may be a tough one for Xorg.

Check #2 on the "Top 20 FAQs" in my signature -- you'll need a boot option, or maybe one for video and one for power management. Try vga=788 and vga=791 for starters -- they work on many notebooks.

Comment

Working...
          X