Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will active downloads survive version upgrade?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will active downloads survive version upgrade?

I am planning to upgrade the wive's Intrepid to Jaunty through adept. Should I wait until all active downloads i Ktorrent are done, or will they pick up where they left off after the upgrade?

(And please, I know that the recommended method is a fresh install, but....)

Re: Will active downloads survive version upgrade?

I downloaded the CD via the torrent, after the upgrade I restarted KTorrent and it immediately continued seeding.
    I wouldn't have expected any different save for a fatal crash during or after the upgrade.

Comment

Well, I ran the update, and everything seems to be fine. Torrent is still coming down nicely. So now the wife has Jaunty as well.

Comment

Well.......playing avi files doesn't seem to work. All she gets is a blue screen in both kaffeine, dragonplayer and vlc. Dragonplayer lacks sound as well. Some dependency gone missing in the process?

Comment

Do you remember if certain codex have been in the list of things to be removed?

Any how, it wouldn't hurt reinstalling most of the Multi Media stuff.

At the same time I find it strange how widely different these upgrade experiences are, I have a hard time believing it's only because of hard ware differences.

Comment

Working...
          X