X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kpackagekit crashes

Good Morning Guys,
    I have just installed 9.04, so for things look great, except Kpackagekit.
    I can open it, but as soon as I try to see packages it crashes. "unexpected error".
    Any Ideas or should I reinstall?
    I'm also not sure it's shuts down correctly, it ends with "Halt" and something about IDE.
    Thanks,
    L.A.

Re: Kpackagekit crashes

I've also been having this problem. What I did to fix it is open the terminal and type

sudo apt-get -f install

What this is is a dependency error, and that sudo command should fix it. If not, I'm sorry. That's all I know how to do.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A.
      Good Morning Guys,
      I have just installed 9.04, so for things look great, except Kpackagekit.
      I can open it, but as soon as I try to see packages it crashes. "unexpected error".
      Any Ideas or should I reinstall?
      I'm also not sure it's shuts down correctly, it ends with "Halt" and something about IDE.
      Thanks,
      L.A.
      I dont think you nead to reinstall......... the Kpackagekit. error is a knowen bug.....get synaptic !

open a konsole and do

Code:
      sudo apt-get install synaptic
      this is the best packeg manager we have (in my opinion) but thars also aptitude and the comand line apt-get (what your gowing to use to get synaptic) if you want to now more about apt-get type .... man apt-get ...... in the Konsole and youl get the manual page for it......man works with eveything you find as far as comands and programs go......

I also get that error ....... halt:unabel to iterate IDE devices or somthing like that on sutdown
      but if you notes it allso seas system halted .......it just isent suting off the power..........at least on my box

do you have IDE drives ? just asking to see if your situation is simaler to mine

if other than the Kpackegkit error your system is doing well just get synaptic and you wont half to worey about that eney more 8) like I sed it's just a bug in Kpackegkit

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Boy Kubuntu 9.04 is a big disappointment for me. I can't believe the package manager is so dreadful. I'm sorry, but if you're going to make one thing work correctly after getting the installer under control, for goodness sake make it the package manager. How else can fix all the other stuff that's broken? Can someone reply to this thread once there's a download link of some kind to fix KPackageKit? Also before I could install adept, I got an error and had to run:
        user@System:~$ sudo apt-get install synaptic
        [sudo] password for user:
        E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
        So I then I ran:
        sudo dpkg --configure -a
        and after a couple of minutes and pages of console talk it finished. Then I was able to execute the original command:
        sudo apt-get install synaptic
        That gave me some y/n warning about it taking 82 MB of space, believe me I'd give it 500 MB if it actually worked. Although, I can't imagine what you would need 82 MB of space to install a program like add/remove programs in windows (sorry a Windows geek). I'm assuming the majority of that bloat is runtimes or artwork?

Comment

SO did you hit Y and enter and get synaptic?

it works realey well .......

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
          X