Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kubuntu 9.04 final release upgrade stopped upgrading my 8.10!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: kubuntu 9.04 final release upgrade stopped upgrading my 8.10!

I am researching about this error, it seems that it is because a lack of a PGP key.

Is there such a key for the packages in the alternate cd in some plase in ubuntu repositories?
    If yes, how to bind that key(s) with the iso image I am running the upgrade from?
    lupa

Comment

If I listen carefully, I can actually hear it when it the heads hit the wall...

The dist-upgrade is probably the biggest headache you'll ever have with Kubuntu, though unfortunately that does happen to turn people against this wonderful platform.

You have the CD image by now, yes? Let's see what happens when you use it for the upgrade.

From the desktop, insert the CD, hit Alt+F2 for the so-called miniCLI, then enter the command:
      Code:
      kdesudo /media/cdrom/cdromupgrade
      When it asks you to include updates, say "no"... at least this way, you will have a complete Jaunty installation, although only with the default applications and no updates. It's a start.

_________________________________________________If you have problems burning the CD image, try mounting the image itself...

Make an empty folder:
      sudo mkdir /media/jauntyCD

Mount the CD image there:
      sudo mount -t iso9660 -o loop /home/user/downloads/kubuntu-9.04-alternate-i386.iso /media/jauntyCD

Obviously, the part in red isn't the path on your system, just type-in the path where you downloaded the Jaunty ISO image... better yet, use tab-completion.

Check that the image is mounted properly:
      ls /media/jauntyCD

This is what you should see...
      Code:
      cdromupgrade doc   isolinux  pics preseed       ubuntu
      dists     install md5sum.txt pool README.diskdefines
      After that, just start the cdromupgrade program... it doesn't matter that it's a temporary mount, since the upgrade doesn't need the CD after it reboots. However, the temporary directory (jauntyCD) will still be there after you reboot. FYI.

Best of luck!
      [hr]<br />System#1: Kubuntu 9.04 AMD64 (KDE 4.2)<br />AMD Athlon64-2x 4600+, 4GB DDR2-PC6400<br />nVidia GeForce 7300 / 512MB<br />System#2: Kubuntu 9.04 (KDE 4.2)<br />AMD Sempron 3300+, 2GB DDR-PC3200<br />

Comment

Finally I performed a fresh install of Jaunty Jackalope. It is working.

There are a couple of problems but I will open another thread.
        Thanks to all guys that collaborated.
        lupa

Comment

Working...
        X