X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.04: No Internet after upgrade

Hi!

I just upgraded my kubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 (I followed the upgrade instructions). But now I can't find the plasma-widget-network-manager (not in the panel and not in the add-widget dialog)

Now I don't know how to get access to the internet? I can't even install kubuntu from scratch because I can't download an iso

also: kpackagekit seems not to be installed (can't find it in system settings)

thanks in advance!

Re: 9.04: No Internet after upgrade

This is getting old. I hear they are going to include wicd soon, and it will not be too soon for me. The plasma-widget-network-manager fails as often as not. You can try System Settings-> Network Setting -> Network Management. Chances are good it will still fail. If you can get wicd installed it will work. If your network were up
    sudo aptitude install wicd
    would solve this problem. If it is on a CD you may be able to install it fom there, otherwise download the package on another computer, and install it with
    sudo dpkg -i wicd_1.5.9-2_all.deb

Comment

Your best bet is to temporarily link up using a cable and then sort this out, for example by installing wicd.

But have you already tried to start the existing network manager from the command line with
      Code:
      knetworkmanager
      ?

Comment

im doing an update on my laptop as i write this, and one of the very few packages it chose to remove was wicd. hope my network works when this is all done.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Same problem - no internet connection after newly installing 9.04 - agh - and it just worked in 8.10 - having read this post I then applied the widget Network Manager and it worked

Rusty

Comment

just to you all an update :
            the first attempt to upgrade my laptop failed (when fetching packages)
            the second time it finished.. properly (and yea it removed wicd),
            how ever after the update i had no internet connection at least untill i clicked on the network manager widget (next to the clock) and enabled my wifi card
            perhaps that will help some of you.
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
            X