This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP dv4-1220 Audio not working

I am running 9.04 with the KDE3 remix but cannot get any audio - from either internal speakers or headphone ports.

When I do a aplay -l I get
    $ aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: ATI HDMI [ATI HDMI]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Anyone have suggestions for this AMD Turion X2 64 bit processor laptop? It would sure be nice to have audio.

Ray

Re: HP dv4-1220 Audio not working

i would start by checking all the channels in Kmix ... it may be all fine, just muted ...

Comment

I have tried about every reasonable combination of Kmix switches and sliders but non seem to work.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ray

Comment

Ah, yes, if these are all on, please try System Settings -> Multimedia, do you see many devices for each category? (say, Audio, Video, etc) You can play with that and select whichever works (there is a test button I think to make testing faster . HTH!

Comment

Sorry, there is no Multimedia on System Settings. Perhaps it is because I am running 9.04 Kubuntu with the KDE3 reminx. Do you suggest that I get away from the KDE3 remix? It seemed that there were plenty of problems with KDE4.

Ray

Comment

Mmm. The remix is semi-official, I would really run KDE 4. I can't guarantee it will be ok, but KDE4 has gone a long ways since the barebones 4.0. The latest in the KDE 4.2 branch is available for 9.04, it is running _very_ nicely in my two machines (a Phenom X3 desktop 64 bit and a modest eeepc 7 incher).

Comment

Maybe I will have to give that a try. Thanks,

Ray

Comment

Working...
              X