This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just installed on Panasonic CF-52

Just installed 9.04 on my work CF-52. Instead of partitioning the work drive I run Window$e for work on one drive and my personal Linux on another and swap the removable drives as needed.
    I have been running another Linux flavor for the past few years and naturally was very against leaving my favorite distro. I recently had some problems I was NOT able to solve with my Linux distro. I am NOT an expert, just a user, so I decided to check out Kubuntu. WOW!!! It picked up Wi-Fi better, quicker and easier. I was able to use the printers and network with the MacBooks on my home wireless Apple Network. I AM SOLD!!! Still have much to learn, like getting it to run my store bought DVD Movies (which I got to work on my previous distro.) I am here and looking forward to learning and when I can, contributing to this forum.
    Giving up on yourself is a CRIME<br />and it carries a LIFE SENTENCE!

Re: just installed on Panasonic CF-52

Excellent, Riberto. We hope you like it here!

In 3 months we'll have Kubuntu 9.10 which will be even better, with a more mature KDE (4.3.*), and hopefully a robust package manager again (most folks have had problems with KPackageKit, and have been advised to install Synaptic temporarily).

Cheers!
    Leo

Comment

Working...
    X