This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound coming form both, speakers and headphones

When i plug the headphones, i have sound coming from the heatphones, but also from the speakers.. I've recently changed to kubuntu 9.04 but before this i had linux mint felicia and had the same problem.. before changing to linux i had windows and i didn't have this problem.. so if anyone can help i would really appreciate it..
    by the way, if it is for any help, my pc is a MSI notebook..

thanks

Re: sound coming form both, speakers and headphones

Do you see a mixer in the panel? (KMix, it should show a speaker) - Just click on it and select mixer, hopefully you can fix this from there? Also, if you dont see the speaker, please type kmix& from konsole

Comment

Re: sound coming form both, speakers and headphones

This could be one of two things. First, it could be that you have an alsa option like "Headphone Jack Detection" and it's switched off. If so, there should be a checkbox in your mixer (kmix/alsamixer/etc), though you may need to enable the display of it in the mixer's settings. Second, it could be that your audio controller requires quirks, and alsa wasn't able to autodetect the controller correctly (and isn't, as such, honoring the quirks).

See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...53#post5017453 for some guidelines.
      KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Working...
      X