This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Power?

When I plug in my laptop to the AC adapter the battery will charge and then stop but there is no actual thing saying that it is Plugged in/Charging. It still thinks it is in battery mode.

I assume the laptop takes care of itself and that Kubuntu just interprets it and then gives you options to power things differently to adjust usage.

Is there anything that can be done to help it?

Re: AC Power?

You can right click on the panel (the bar at the bottom), "Add Widgets", and then Battery Monitor. I use it on my Eee Pc and it shows me when it is charging, etc

Comment

Umm i have the battery monitor widget by default... and it does not see when it is plugged in. Im not the only person as I have been hearing other people talking about it.

Comment

This may be something to do with your recent upgrade.

In the transition from KDE 4.1 to 4.2 (have you just done this transition as part of your upgrade?) powerdevil (which I believe is responsible for the functions you want) ceased to be a separate application and instead became a kdecore module.

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...?content=85078

My thought is that you might still have powerdevil installed and that might be causing conflict - although equally I may be way off target. Worth a look though.

Comment

Ah, I see. Does it seem to detect the correct charge?

I would see if acpi, dbus and hal are all being started at boot time. Other than that, it could be that your laptop's hardware is still not fully supported? Is it very new?

Comment

Its funny because it will say battery charging but it will not say that it is plugged in. It also has no time estimate for the charge. Still works fine its just funny that it does not show it properly.

In 8.10 it worked fine..... I got the laptop when 8.10 came out. Its a System 76 Serval Pro.

ps. How do I set the CPU Power throttling with this new power manager? There used to be powersave, dynamic and performance settings.

Comment

Working...
            X