Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Remapping the Keyboard in KDE-4?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Remapping the Keyboard in KDE-4?

Hi

This time _I_ need help ;-) My Eee Pc 701's keyboard went bad (juice spill), and two different replacements off-ebay worked perfectly each for a few weeks to end up getting some dead keys. Needless to say, I am not very happy.

Ok, so, now I'd like to remap some keys, if possible with a GUI. For instance, the "dot" key is dead, I can't type www.google.com. I'd like to remap, dunno, [ctrl][,] to be a ".". How do I do that without fscking around with xmodmap whatever text files, anyone knows?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Re: Remapping the Keyboard in KDE-4?

Originally posted by lmilano
    How do I do that without fscking around with xmodmap whatever text files, anyone knows?
    I have set my custom keymaps by creating my own xkb layouts, but that definitely doesn't count as "without fscking around with whatever text files".

You could take a look at xkeycaps: http://www.jwz.org/xkeycaps/ (installable from the kubuntu repos). Haven't used it myself, but looks worth a shot if you're looking for a GUI way to modify keymaps (it's a front-end for xmodmap).

Comment

Re: Remapping the Keyboard in KDE-4?

Excellent, thats the answer - it doesnt understand my current layout though, but I guess Ill be able to use it

A plasmoid would be great for this

Thanks so much! If anyone comes across a modern gui, maybe a plasmoid, please post here -- Marking as SOLVED

Comment

Working...
      X