X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual monitors with multiple desktops

Hi All,
    I'm currently using a laptop with an external LCD monitor. I'm using four virtual workspaces/desktops. At the moment each of these workspaces has simply twice the size and it spans over the integrated LCD of my laptop and the external one. I used xrand to do that.
    I would however prefer to have each monitor display a different virtual desktop/workspace, so that I can say have workspace A on my laptop screen and workspace D on the external LCD at the same time.

I searched extensively but I did not find anything recent. I did find a couple of older threads but their solutions do not seem to work on my system.
    I have kubuntu 9.04 64bit and a older ATI card, with the open source driver (it's not supported anymore in ATIs binary driver).
    So can anyone tell me how to get one workspace on each monitor?

I'm also using multiple widget/plasma profiles; when I change these they only change on one screen (like the background picture too): the first monitor gets the profile I select, and the second (the external) changes to an apparently random profile...

Re: Dual monitors with multiple desktops

Interesting, hope u get this solved bro. good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X