X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Sound breaks down after starting KDE

Hi,

I have a usb sound card running. It was working fine, but after a reinstall it breaks down right after starting the kde desktop. Notification says that my sound card is not available and will switch to "" ... I tried it with the gstreamer plugins für kde, but still no sound. May someone can help me, please ?

Regards,

Universe777

Re: USB Sound breaks down after starting KDE

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the usb card after the login? Does that help? What do you see in System Settings -> Multimedia?

Comment

I've tried almost everything, disconnecting then reconnecting, several fresh installations with the same result, USB Interface disconnects after a short usage of audio or video. I have a Digitech GNX 3000 Guitar Workstation that works well under Ubuntu with gstreamer and XP with asio drivers of course. Under multimedia I have my USB Card first and then Pulse Audio. Also had the problem with no sound with flash inf firefox. After alsaconf set-default-card to GNX3K, audio in flash works, but only with the nonfree flashplugin and then I get the disconnecting error ...

Comment

Arrg. How about uninstalling PulseAudio?

Comment

Working...
        X