This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound/skype

Hi I've just downloaded skype and have a few problems. Firstly, my microphone doesn't work, I've plugged it in, but neither skype nor audacity work with it. Secondly, when I try the 'skype test call' I get 'Problem with audio playback'.

Has anyone else had these problems or know how to fix them?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: sound/skype

Click on the KMixer icon in the system tray (looks like a speaker) and click the Mixer button.
    Click on the "Settings" menu option and choose "Configure Channels" .
    Put check marks in Master, Front, PCM, Headphones, Front Mic, Front Mic Boost, Capture, Capture 2, Capture 3, Digital, Input Source, Input Source 2, Input Source 3. Close that dialog and return to the Mixer dialog, where you will see the newly added channels. Make sure the PCM is at 100%. The first Capture slider should have it's enable button (at the bottom of the slider) checked and the slider about half way. Where it will end up depends on the applitude of the audio wave form created when you make a test audio file in Audacity. Vary the postions of the Capture slider, the Mic booster sliders and the FrontMic slider. (Note. "Enable" checkboxes are at the bottom of the sliders and Mute checkboxes are at the top of the sliders, if they have them).

For Audacity use Edit --> Preferences and try your audio options. Audacity may lock up on you so you may have to use the Skull and Crossbones to kill it (Ctl+Alt+Esc -- then click on the target window).

For Skype, the "Options" item off its main menu leads to a dialog which includes the ability to setup both the video and audio devices on your system. THere are test buttons on each setup panel to test the option you selected.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: sound/skype

thank, that worked fine.

Comment

Working...
      X