X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have an XFX 780i Motherboard? [Multiple cores issue]

Hello all,

I am trying to track down why my 4 cores do not show up in my /proc/cpuinfo

I started a thread here, which this is a follow up post to.

I am wondering if anyone else has an XFX 780i motherboard with a multiple cores processor (I have q9550 Core 2 Quad). If so, could you post the results of

Code:
    cat /proc/info
    Following advice in the other thread, I tried to get XFX to help me solve the problem, but they say it is OS specific since I have the option to disable the cores in BIOS (which apparently means the mobo is detecting the cores). I have also tried Ubuntu 32-bit and Sidux KDE-lite with no luck. Also does running a live CD create another cat /proc/info? I wasn't sure if maybe this was why I saw the same results with a different distro's live CD...

Cheers

Re: Anyone have an XFX 780i Motherboard? [Multiple cores issue]

dont now about your MOBO but yes a live cd has it's own /proc/info.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

You can download the free Windows 7 Beta (evaluation copy) from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../download.aspx

I dunno if you want to spend the time, but it would be interesting to see if Windows is able to see the 4 cores. If it can't, I'd think XFX would have some serious explaining to do.

Comment

dont now about your MOBO but yes a live cd has it's own /proc/info.
        Okay thanks.
        I dunno if you want to spend the time, but it would be interesting to see if Windows is able to see the 4 cores. If it can't, I'd think XFX would have some serious explaining to do.
        I actually considered this. I wasn't sure if they were still doing the beta testing. I've read it's a pain to install Windows after Linux since Windows overwrites the MBR. I was also told that it could be possible for it to work under Windows but not Linux.

Comment

Working...
        X