Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

small wireless keyboard - apple wireless - RESOLVED or not!!!!?????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small wireless keyboard - apple wireless - RESOLVED or not!!!!?????

Hi ,

I am looking for a small light wireless keyboard and it seems the apple wireless is a possibility.

has anyone got this working with 9.04?

has anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike.

Re: small wireless keyboard - apple wireless

idk about the wireless one but the usb keyboard that came with my G3 works perfectly w/ (k)ubuntu

if that will not work i suggest getting a logitech keyboard/mouse set, i have been using them for years and have no issues with them at all. and logitech stands behind there stuff if something goes wrong unlike some other companys.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: small wireless keyboard - apple wireless - SOLVED!!

This is weird.

My apple wireless keyboard hasn't worked for a while with 9.04, but today for some strange reason I got it to work.

the only thing I have changed was the aggression I was using on the return key of the wireless keyboard! I am using KDE 4.3 .

Today I tried again with the kbluetooth module clicking the connect button and the thing connects then immediately dropping out. Today after pressing connect using my wired ps2 keyboard I then repeatedly pressed the wireless keyboard return key. This action caused the password panel to open. I entered 1234 with my wired keyboard, clicked the OK button with the mouse and hammered the wireless return key again and amazingly it has started to work!!!!

If anyone reads this please suggest a nobel science prize for me?

I have shutdown my computer, restarted and tried to connect the keyboard and..... nothing. I have now tried to connect many times and it took ages. I am not able to tell you exactly what is going on!!! My nobel science prize looks in jeopardy.

Several startups later and the keyboard still works, but getting it reconnected is still hit and miss and I haven't found a reliable quick restart.

Mike.

Comment

Re: small wireless keyboard - apple wireless - RESOLVED or not!!!!??

just a bit more information for you sufferers out there.

I am still not happy at all with kbluetooth4. its just unreliable. A better system is using Blueman. This is basically using the gnome bluetooth system. It was afiddle to get working, but once going it is much more reliable.

Comment

Working...
        X