This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making keypad work

Hi, hope someone can help me with this problem, is there anyway to get the keypad on a standard keyboard to work like it does on Winbroke and address all the characters?? this would make my life a lot easier if this was possible, maybe some one has this problem and solved it, as I see a lot of people on google seem to have similar problems. Thanks in advance Richard

Re: Making keypad work

Not sure I understand what you're asking... are you referring to the standard alphanumeric part of the keyboard, or the 10-digit numerical keypad off to the right?

What characters are you trying to get it to make?

Comment

i know this is a stupid question but do you have num lock on right it seams to be off my default on my linux machines.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I have a standard keyboard, with a keypad on the right, I use the section symbol and the paragraph sign all the time, it is in the special character section under insert,(but this slows down my work a lot) but on winbroke I can access these by using the alt 21 on the keypad. I have tried with both the num lock on and off and they do not appear. I am not the only one who has this problem. thanks

Comment

I'm not certain, but I think those shortcuts may be specific to Windows. Can you get those characters in general in Windows, or is it only in something like MS Office?

In Kubuntu, are you using OpenOffice? There may be a way to manually set up a keyboard shortcut for inserting each of those characters.

Comment

Working...
          X