X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facing graphic errors after shutdown

Hi,

after setting up a new system with the new jaunty version, I'm getting graphic errors like colored vertical lines or dots after a shutdown.
    I press shut down ... everything works fine the kubuntu logo occurs ... the bar empties and then there are for a few seconds these lines and dots, before the notebook shuts down completely.

I'm not really sure if theres a connection, but after several reboots my graphic card didn't work anymore (just big vertical lines were displayed) and i had to get it replaced.

My notebook : Dell M1330 with GeForce 8400M GT .. using proprietary driver.

These errors occurred never before (i used ubuntu 8.04 for a long time before) and also didn't occur on windows xp.
    Now, having the graphic card replaced i get the same dots and lines ... but only after shutting down kubuntu, not while using windows.

Do you guys have any idea? is this normal or can it really end in crashing the graphic card?

regards

Re: Facing graphic errors after shutdown

I got an xps m1330 every thing works fine until the shut down seems to get to the final power off bit butt then stays on with vertical lines and I have to manually power off after REISUB.
    graphic card is
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400M GS (rev a1)

You have me worried now !!!.... butt i have similar shutdown issues on a older workstation with a nvidia card running kde 9.04 butt no problems with gnome on same box......i'll check my logs later

Comment

Working...
    X