This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update to jaunty did not recognize my ati card radeon x1300

plese help some body afther update fron 8.10 to 9.04 my system didnot recognize my ati card (X1300) what i must to do help

Re: update to jaunty did not recognize my ati card radeon x1300

You will need to use the Open Source drivers ( xserver-xorg-video-radeon and xserver-xorg-video-ati ) for your x1300. Jaunty uses Xorg 1.6 and ATI has declared R500 and older (pre Radeon 2000) series chips to be crappy junk now and have dropped them from their driver update cycle. Catalyst 9.4 supports R600 and later chips with Xorg 1.6 but no support for the old, obsolete garbage like my laptops m200 x1100 video. The Open Source drivers are fine for 2D and video playback but the accelerated 3D is about half the speed of what ATI's proprietary drivers had....
    Desktop<br />MSI K9A2 Platinum AMD Phenom II 940 BE @3.3Ghz&nbsp; 8GB DDR2 1066&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />2x Sapphire Radeon 4850 1GB GDDR3<br />WD 320GB SATA2&nbsp;&nbsp; Maxtor 1TB SATA2<br /><br /><br />Laptop<br />Acer Aspire 5100&nbsp; AMD Turion x2 TL60 2Ghz&nbsp; 4GB DDR2 667<br />ATI M200 Express 1100&nbsp;&nbsp; Fujitsu 320GB Sata2

Comment

I had the same problem with HD4670 and after lots of reading in internet and 3 times installing drivers,manually,with envy and so on I gave up.now I'll stay 8.10 for now

Comment

i had a very similar issue perhaps this will help solve ur issues
        My Ati Driver Issue
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Has anyone tried this on 64 bit Jaunty
          Watching the Watcher.<br />Cummin&#39; a getcha.<br /><br />Kubuntu Jaunty 9.04 on Acer 5103 laptop with Intel 2200BG Wireless Card<br />Problems with ATI X1300 graphics card driver

Comment

the machine i in the link from my above post is a 64 bit JJ machine, however my card is a HD4850, but had similar issues in the begining of install
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
            X