This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fractional mouse acceleration

I just updated from intrepid, and try as I might, I can not seem to get the mouse acceleration to "take" below 1.
    I have tried the KDE system settings (which accept values below 1 but it doesn't actually change the pointer speed.)
    I have tried "xset m 2/3 0" and "xinput set-ptr-feedback 4 0 2 3", same effect, which is to say none. To be clear the commands work for setting faster than 1 accelerations, but not for turning acceleration off and slowing the mouse down like it used to.

All of these methods worked before, but no more.

Should I start tampering with kernel parameters to slow the mouse down, or can I expect this to be remedied?

Re: Fractional mouse acceleration

I installed gsynaptics (it's a gnome app), and it works great on my laptop. I had to add an app to autostart (I think it was gsynaptics-init, but it might have been init-gsynaptics) to make the changes stick over reboots, but so far it gives me control far greater than the system settings allow.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Gsynaptics says I have to set SHMConfig to true in my xorg.conf, but I don't have any input devices in my xorg.conf. I think they deprecated that.

Does gsynaptics work for a regular mouse though? All info I find is about touchpads.

Comment

oh, sorry, yes...gsynaptics is for touchpads...

mm0
        Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

I tried editing a fdi file, but that didn't take either. Nor "xinput set-int-prop 2 "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 8 2" as suggested on the xorg wiki for version 1.6.

Is there a way to find out if the developers are aware of this?

Comment

you are right, "xset m 1/25 1" should make cursor movement very slow. I opened bug #367808, can you confirm?

Comment

Working...
            X