X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse freezes after time

This has me thoroughly confused.

In every version of Linux I have tried, the latest being JJa5, my mouse locks up after a seemingly random amount of time. It usually happens when I am doing something in a terminal windows, but has happened in other apps as well, so I have ruled out the O/S, though perhaps not the driver. Below is my hardware setup, so if anyone has any ideas, I will be willing to give them a try. The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried is actually switching the hardware because I don't have a spare set on hand.

Asus M3N78-EM Mobo
    AMD Phenom 9850
    4GB OCZ DDR2-1066
    SATA HDD & DVDRW
    MS Wireless Desktop 4000 plugged in to USB 2.0

Video and Audio are off the mobo, working fine (JJ is so far the only version I have had sound in Linux with other than BackTrack 4).

R/S
    Wade

Re: Mouse freezes after time

Are you sure its not the mouse?

I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 2000 that freezes randomly in all OSes.. In Windows it usually resets itself after a few seconds (long enough to get beaten in a game,...).

But in Kubuntu, I have to unplug the mouse. I often have to press the connect buttons on the mouse, and receiver as well.

It may be due to interference from other devices. Such as cordless phones, or wireless receivers. Try turning your cell phone off, unplugging your Wifi Adapter, and unplugging your cordless phone, see if that does the trick.
    The answers are out there...

Comment

Re: Mouse freezes after time

Well, other than interference from misplacing the receiver, I haven't had any problems like this in Windows. I am going to try to find a corded mouse anyway because I didn't realize just how much interference the desk itself has been causing. I swear, cordless products have gone down in quality in the last couple years. My other cordless devices don't even operate on the same frequencies, and I don't use a wireless network, so I doubt those are the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X