X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[autoSOLVED] Plasma operations are really slow

Hi,

I have configured my Plasma with a simple Desktop directory (as in the pic).

When I click on the directories or on one of the files it takes a longtime to open the corresponding program (dolphin for the directories and the proper program for the file), even 2-3 seconds.

The machine is new and performant in any other operation. Why the simple operation of run, e.g., dolpinh, via plasma is so slow? could it be some configuration problem? graphic card? I have no idea.

Thanks in advance,
    g.
    Attached Files
    ---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------

Re: [autoSOLVED] Plasma operations are really slow

The last update concerned the Nvidia proprietary drivers, I let it update and now the Plasma dashboard is fast enough.

g.
    ---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------

Comment

Working...
    X