X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with the screen of the docking station

Hi,

I have a Dell Precision M2400 with docking station and kubuntu 8.10 installed. The graphic card is a Nvidia Quadro FX370M with proprietary driver 177.82

I'm experiencing several troubles with the screen of the docking station.

When I turn on the pc (the laptop is closed and I use the docking's button):

- the boot does not start the X server automatically, it prompt me for the login and then I have to run startx

- the external screen is not recognized and, once the pc is on, the external screen is simply black. I have to open the laptop and explicitly switch to the external monitor (I do it pressing twice the corresponding key)

In addition, I use my laptop to do presentations, my screen resolution is 1440x900 (the same for the external monitor screen), however the overhead projector usually use a different resolution, is it possible to configure the machine somehow to switch between two different resolutions?

thanks in advance,
    g.
    ---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------
Working...
X