This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New style progress bar

Hi All, I am using Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.2.
    I have noticed that when you are copying files from say a USB Stick to the hard drive the there is a new style progress bar that's displayed under the time.
    However, this new progress bar doesn't stay visible during for the full duration that you are copying all the files. It only seems to stay visible for a few seconds and then disappears. Therefore I cannot tell when an operation has completed.
    Is there a way that I can make the progress bar stay visible during the whole of the operation likein KDE 4.1...(Hope this all makes sense!!!!)
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex<br />KDE 4.2<br />Dell Inspiron 1525<br />Intel Celeron Dual Core processor T1500 <br />(1.86GHz, 533 MHz, 512KB Cache) <br />1GB memory <br />160GB hard drive

Re: New style progress bar

Maybe with the old style > aseigo: today's tip: turning off the fancy schmancy notifications in the panel
    If you are one of those people who would like their old notifications and/or download windows back, have no fear. Plasma is not greedy.

First, stop plasma with `kquitapp plasma`. Then open up `kde4-config --localprefix`/share/config/plasma-appletsrc and put this somewhere in there:

[AppletGlobals][plasma_applet_systemtray]
    ShowJobs=false
    ShowNotifications=false

Start Plasma again and voila...

=>

Start the konsole and:
    Code:
    kquitapp plasma
    Press Alt + F2 and type: kate ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-appletsrc

(Backup before you edit)

add there:
    [AppletGlobals][plasma_applet_systemtray]
    ShowJobs=false
    ShowNotifications=false
    save and exit kate.

In the konsole:
    Code:
    plasma
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: New style progress bar

Cool will give that a go when I get home from work ...
      Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex<br />KDE 4.2<br />Dell Inspiron 1525<br />Intel Celeron Dual Core processor T1500 <br />(1.86GHz, 533 MHz, 512KB Cache) <br />1GB memory <br />160GB hard drive

Comment

Working...
      X