X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No option to set screensaver

Hello,

Im using KUbuntu 8.10 with KDE 3.5.10 . In Desktop Settings i see only options for Wallpaper and Desktop themes . I dont see any place where i can set a screensaver . Also, in Applications->Settings there is no Screensaver option.
    So, how do i enable and set screensavers in KUbuntu 8.10 (KDE 3.5.10) ?

Thank You.

Re: No option to set screensaver

Try :

sudo apt-get install xscreensaver xscreensaver-gl xscreensaver-gl-extra

and look at:

System-Settings->Desktop

Comment

Re: No option to set screensaver

I had the same problem and followed your directions.

Above says, "Look at: System-Settings->Desktop. But after doing that install, it installs xscreensaver which is not at the end of that path. The usual, good for nothing "screensaver" that comes by default is still there with no options really.
      However, there is xscreensaver setup. But when I run that, I get: "Error: Directory does not exist: "/usr/share/backgrounds." How do I resolve this and how do I "disable" the regular screensaver (If that needs to be done and if that makes sense.)

What I really want is a screensaver "program" that will truely turn off my monitor after a certain amount of time (not just leave it glowing black). Will xscreensaver do that?

Any help in setting this up would be great. Its one of my biggest problems with Kubuntu so far. I really wish the screensaver worked right from the install.
      KB3NRY<br /><br />Dell Inspirion 1405<br />110GB HDD<br />4GB RAM<br />Vista Business<br />Kubuntu 8.10

Comment

Working...
      X