X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mute button not working: Which package to reconfigure? [Solved]

Hey Forum,

I have a small problem with my II KDE 4.2 installation: After a BIOS upgrade of my X61s the mute button stopped working. It is mapped properly in the System Settings -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Global Keyboard Shortcuts, but still only displays the current volume level on the screen when pressed.

Booting into a live USB stick, also with II and KDE 4 the mute button works nicely - so it appears to be a configuration matter

Any clues what may be wrong, or which packages to reconfigure?

Thanks!

Bitnissen

Re: Mute button not working: Which package to reconfigure?

try right clicking on the 'speaker' icon, and reselecting the master channel of your sound card. I always have to do this after a reinstall...

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Re: Mute button not working: Which package to reconfigure? [Solved]

Thanks for the tip - it helped. It works when the the Master Channel is set to "Master", but only increase/decrease of volume works when it is set to PCM...

Not sure if this is intended or accidental or ...

Anyway - I'm happy now

Bitnissen

Comment

Re: Mute button not working: Which package to reconfigure? [Solved]

it's a fine balance...I think if you go into the keyboard shortcuts, and change the increase/decrease keys to increase/decrease the master channel, they will also work...

one of these days I'm gonna write down all the steps so that I can actually remember what I do!

mm0
        Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
        X