X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images disappeared (SOLVED)

Hello.

I have a strange issue. Yesterday morning, I had to do a restart using the reset button on the PC because the system froze. When it came up, everything was okay except that each and every one of the pictures downloaded from several places in the last week is missing. I still see the thumbnails in my pictures folder, but the picture is not there (and the properties say size 0 bytes)

Have I lost the images forever? what can be done? Sorry if it seems trivial, but I work with graphics and we're talking about at least 150 great images I would have to hunt down again and redownload if they cannot be recovered.

Thanks

Re: Images disappeared

You might look in the lost & found space for the partition they were on. It is possible they got disconnected and ended up in there.

Comment

Originally posted by mando_hacker
      You might look in the lost & found space for the partition they were on. It is possible they got disconnected and ended up in there.
      How do I access lost+found folder? It says I cannot access it

Comment

Use Alt+F2, then enter
        Code:
        kdesudo doplphin
        then your pass and you should be able to access the folder.

You just need root privileges.
        In a world without walls and fences - who needs windows and gates?

Comment

Yes, I did, and the folder is empty. But I found the pictures. For some reason, which I would like to find, a new "Pictures folder was created inside the original "Pictures" folder, and the pictures were all there, each and every picture. I would like to know how that happened, but for now I recovered all my pictures, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X