This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

annoying Firefox message

This morning, my Firefox updated to version 3.0.7. Since then, I keep getting this message in my browser:

Your browser has been updated and needs to be restarted.

This appears with a "Restart" button. The problem is, when I restart, the message is still there. Nothing seems to make it go away. Anyone else seeing this problem? Did anyone find a way to make the message stop?

Re: annoying Firefox message

I upgraded, but have no problem's, works just like it did on 3.0.6. I know this doesn't help you at all, but just to let you know that it's not a common problem.

I presume you've tried File>Quit and starting it again from Kmenu. Maybe some of your add-ons are making the prob, are all of them compatible with 3.0.7?
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs windows and gates?

Comment

yes, what soonchica said.
      and, If possible, just click the red x (upper-right) to close it; see if eventually it'll quit opening.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Sometimes firefox does not exit properly, and even though it vanishes from the screen, it's still running.
        After closing firefox, open sysguard with CTRL-ESC, and look for the firefox or firefox-bin process. If present, kill them. Wait a few seconds and then restart firefox.
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

I also had to close firefox twice (by clicking on an exit button and later opening sysguard to kill the process) when I downloaded firefox from mozilla website and installed it (well, unzipped it) to a specific location. The version found in the repositories never had this problem.
          Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
          Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
          Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
          Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Working...
          X