Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Print from Firefox and Thunderbird (solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print from Firefox and Thunderbird (solved)

Hi

Has anyone been able to set up Thunderbird and Firefox so they can print from within kde4?

All I get is dialog boxes that seem to do something (I suspect printing to a temporary postscript file) but then vanish.

Thanks

Ian

Re: Print from Firefox and Thunderbird

Hi
    Just printed out your page with your question you asked, in Firefox, also printed out in Thunderbird one of my emails no problem, i have a Epsom printer

Comment

Because the ink cartridges of my printer dryed out some 8 years ago I tried to print a pdf and it works fine.

Comment

To print anything from FF I have to save the web-page then open it in Konqueror and then it's fine.

If I want to print an e-mail from TB I copy and paste it into OOo. The issue is that neither FF nor TB are connecting to the KDE print function. I can sit here and hit print 24/7 and all I'll get is a vanishing dialog box. Worked fine in kde3 - hasn't worked since I went to kde4.

I know I could fix this instantly by switching to Konqueror and Kmail but I don't want to do that. If yours works would you be so kind as to tell me what your entry is in FF about:config function under print.print_command?

Thanks
        ian

Comment

Re: Print from Firefox and Thunderbird (solved)

The issue was solved by renaming the firefox and thunderbird folders in home so as to create new ones.

I suppose it was obvious really, all my configurations were tied into kde3 whereas with KDE4 they were bound to change!

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X