This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Bluetooth broken ?

I was wondering if kde bluetooth is broken.

I could be wrong here so please correct me.

If i try to connect in via my phone it asks for a pass key but I had not set one up on the pc.
    hence connection fails.

If I try to connect via KDEBluetooth I can only select 'input device' then when I scan I can see the phone.
    But when I connect I get an error 'your device does not support input'

so it would appear that I cannot even pair up a device to the pc.

I am sure this was working a week ago.
    possible update problem ?

if anyone needs logs or settings etc, please advise and I will post.

UPDATE: although I cannot connect to the phone I can send a file from the pc to the phone.
    at this point a passkey is set on the phone then the pc asks for a passkey.
    the file is then uploaded and then the passkey is asked on the phone again.
    at this point I then get a seg fault 11 and KDEBluetooth then closes.

RD

Re: KDE Bluetooth broken ?

The latest update to my (amd 64) kbluetooth is version 1:0.3 and it works pretty good with my Tracfone Lg 600. The way I paired the devices was to use the phone to search for new devices, then after setting the password the request showed up on the pc. Once I typed in the password it connected and all is well. I could not use the setup dialog you described. Likewise on kbluetooth versions prior to the 1:0.03 I could not pair my phone with the pc at all using kde4.

However to send files from the phone to the pc I need to use
    gnome-obex-server
    after selecting Konsole , type in gnome-obex-server.

Like you I do get error message after I send a file to the phone, and need to right click on the bluetooth icon and select send files to send another file. It's not as nice as working with a usb drive, but better than it was prior to version 1:0.03 I am confident there will be further updates that will make it even better, but 1:0.03 works pretty good for me, well actually for my current needs it's good enough..

Comment

Re: KDE Bluetooth broken ?

pajoe thanks for the reply.

If I try and connect via the phone first of all, it will ask for a passkey that I set.
      Then the phone waits and waits and....

eventually it times out.
      absolutley nothing appears on the pc. no passkey window. nothing.

I am wondering if either kdebluetooth is broken or the obex server is screwed.
      Before the latest update (last night) bluetooth was working and I could connect and pair devices.

I imagine that's part of the rewards for being at the cutting edge of technology. he he

Comment

Working...
      X