Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kaffeine xine performance and quality problems - slowing down with subtitles

Hi all,

it's my second post regarding migration from kde 3.5.x to kde 4.1.x, I was searching for some solutions, without luck.

I'm experiencing strange performace problems in kde 4.1.4 while watching movies with kaffeine. I haven't such under 3.5.x, it's connected with subtitles, when a one appears there movie slows down for a moment, very annoying

Maybe you had similar issues ? Any ideas on that ?

Cheers

Re: kaffeine xine performance and quality problems - slowing down with subtitles

Have you tried turning off composting? (alt-shift-F12). I've have some bad interactions between movie players and composting on 4.1, in fact kaffeine didn't show any image at all on one of my setups. This problem went away by disabling composting and also by upgrading to 4.2 (maybe even 4.14). This was related, of course to Xorg and the graphics drivers.

Comment

Re: kaffeine xine performance and quality problems - slowing down with subtitles

Hi, finally i found solution for that:

http://forums.opensuse.org/applicati...em-videos.html

"I found how to fix this. So it can be useful to a lot of people.

You have to tell xine to use xv_preferred_method=overlay (instead of textured).

Normally it's fixed in the intel 2.5.0 driver but it seems not... (this is the driver version in opensuse).

perhaps it's fixed in 2.5.1 but there's no opensuse package for that.
      "

It also helps to the problem with subtitles.

Comment

Working...
      X