This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display settings not working?

I have just installed the newest Kubuntu and I am having display problems. Here's some info to start you on.
    I go into settings > click on display = now the monitor resolution and refresh changes and I can't see anything. I have to reboot to get a screen that is legible. I have used Envyqt with no luck. Any suggestions?

Re: Display settings not working?

Hi there.

Not an unusual item.

Have a look at this link http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099811.0

courtesy of 'dibl' not me.

If problems persist state graphic card details etc.

Cheers.
    Celeron CPU G1610@2.60GHz x 2
    GeForce 8400 GS/PCle/SSE2
    Kubuntu 14.04 - 64 bit Linux - KDE 4.13.0

Comment

Re: Display settings not working?

Hi, I have a similar problem. I installed Kubuntu 8.10 and upgraded from KDE 4.1 to KDE 4.2. Everything seems fine but when I click on system settings -> display (to change the resolution) my screen goes black when it comes back I am back at the log on screen. I looked at dibl's suggestion, but it does not seem to apply to my machine, when I run hardware drivers,
      it tells me something like "there are no proprietary drivers". I don't have a separate video card or anything like that. My Xorg.conf is very simple, here it is:

Section "Device"
      Identifier "Configured Video Device"
      EndSection

Section "Monitor"
      Identifier "Configured Monitor"
      EndSection

Section "Screen"
      Identifier "Default Screen"
      Monitor "Configured Monitor"
      Device "Configured Video Device"
      EndSection

I've looked around for a couple of days but couldn't find anything that helps me solve the problem. Anyone has any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
      X